Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tails from Tascha

Hi everyone, welcome to my corner of the Born of the Pyramids' blog. I'm sorry that it's taken me a little while to post, but I've been so busy getting healthy and filling my face that I haven't really had time to stop and hoof away at the keyboard.

You probably all know me as Tascha. At least, I guess that's what my name is now. The blond lady that fusses over me calls me that, and was so excited the other day when I looked over at her when she called out "Tascha!" Course, I wouldn't ever tell her, but I've figured out that when I respond I get treats and scratches. Let's keep that between us though neigh?

I want to tell you a little bit about my back story, but it's quite a long one. Instead, let me just tell you about my life over the past few weeks. As winter in Cairo approached, there wasn't much work for people in the Pyramids area. Many of us were hungry, but when there were guests my old owner would make sure that he got a piece of the pie. I would spend hours running up and down a paved road by the Pyramids carrying one person after the next. It's all a blur really.

My life changed one day, when a man with a big bottle of something very smelly, I think I heard someone call it Vodka, climbed onto my back. I had a horrible sore that just wouldn't heal, and oh how he bounced on it. Up and down, swinging side to side. I was so tired and in so much pain, but all he wanted to do was push me to gallop up the sand hills.

I guess this is when the Born of the Pyramids team spotted me, at least that's what I hear! They've told me they hadn't ever planned to rescue any horses, and that I am a special pony. Who am I to argue with that! They set about making a deal with my old owner to try and buy me away from him.

Next thing I know, I'm in a stable with a lot of unfamiliar faces around me. By the next morning, I was waiting to be saddled up to go out into the desert. But it never came! Instead I was taken out of my box and washed down with soft hands. When I went back into my box, my trough was filled with these funny orange vegetables, I guess they are called sweet potatoes, and more hay than I've ever seen. The blond lady just stood and quietly watched me eat, occasionally speaking to me softly.

I know you all want to hear more of my story, but I don't want to bore you just yet! I'll put my typing hooves away for now, and let you all come back for the next Tail from Tascha. Until then, neigh neigh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment